Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Break/life update/etc etc

Only two more days until Spring break! I will be soaking up the sun in Hainan, which is a gorgeous island in China. I am going with some of my best friends and we rented this beautiful villa right off of the beach. We are so excited! This weekend I ran sixteen miles on a treadmill because the air pollution was too nasty to run in. It was absolutely exhausting, but I got through it, and I am looking forward to an easy 12 miles next weekend. As this semester winds down my friends and I are already choosing classes and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new freshmen! After spring break, all of the accepted students are being flown to Shanghai to meets us and learn about the school! We are so excited to meet new people and welcome them to our school.

After this semester I have decided that I am not continuing with business and finance. Instead I am beginning a new chapter in design engineering. We offer a major here called Interactive Media Arts, which is all about creating new technologies and developing programs that can help all kinds of people. It's really interesting and hands on, and its the one program you only hear good things about. We learn how to program and work with different types of software, and I think that its a great background to have. The good news is that I never have to take another math class again.

Tonight I am going to dinner with the Starrs'! They arrived in Shanghai yesterday and I am so excited to visit with them!

I can't believe this semester is almost over! In just over a month I will be running my marathon and taking my finals!

Love from Shanghai,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment