Tuesday, May 5, 2015

10 more days until Beijing 18 more days until I'm home!

Today I officially booked my train ticket to Beijing, and there is no backing out now! Large parts of me are beginning to realize the magnitude of what I am about to do, but somehow I am still doing it. I cannot describe the excitement and terror of this race. If any one of you have looked it up, it is one of the hardest marathons to ever exist. Not only will I be running up the Great Wall, I will be doing that TWICE. If you were to see my welcome packet and look at the elevations, it's actually insane. A few weeks ago, I honestly was unsure as to whether or not I could even finish such a race, I mean 26.2 miles is tough enough without over 5000 uneven stairs to run up, but I have this very calm and sure feeling about it, that I can only describe as divine intervention. I just somehow know that I will cross that finish line and everything will be brilliant. My best friend is coming with me, and she is there to provide post race videos and moral support. She is being such a good sport about the whole thing and I couldn't do it without her. So... I guess this blog post is to say: Yes I know I'm crazy, sorry no one is going to stop me. -- lets be honest that has been my motto ever since I got into this school.

Can't wait to post photos and videos!

Much love,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment