Saturday, October 25, 2014

Life Update

Hello All!
Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while, but I have been busy finishing up my midterms.

Just a quick update on my life:
Thanksgiving break is approaching, and as some of you may know, knowing that I wouldn't be home for Thanksgiving this year was one of the only draw backs I saw when I decided to move to Shanghai. So as a consolation for not being able to eat pie and hangout with my family, me and a few of my friends are going to South Korea for a four day weekend! We will be traveling to Seoul where we will be seeing some of the tourist attractions around the area. One of my friends actually lives in Seoul and he was more than happy to be our guide. We will be going to the N. Seoul Tower, hopefully some cool markets, and some of the temples there. Our days should be pretty packed with activities, but we are all very excited for another adventure!

In other news, I recently received confirmation that I will be able to run in the Great Wall Marathon in the spring! Since I am a resident of China, I do not have to participate in the seven day tourist trip. They told me that I can just pop into Beijing for the weekend, run the marathon and then come right back. My roommate said that although she refuses to run with me, she will be there to support me and make sure that I get around Beijing. A lot of other students have expressed interest in running it with me, so we will see who is up for the challenge. I am so excited to begin my training. When I get back to the states in December I am already planning to run another half marathon.

I hope all is well in the states, our student government is putting on a halloween festival for us here, so we don't feel so far away from home. My friends and I are going as the Spice Girls. (I'm Posh Spice).

Love you all,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment