Monday, September 1, 2014

Flashmob and First Day of School

Sunday was a bittersweet day, as it marked the end of a very very long summer. To celebrate the class of 2018 practiced over seven hours to participate in a flashmob right outside the Science and Technology Building, close to my academic hall. It was such a fun experience, and its something I can cross off my bucket list! (Hopefully a video will be up soon)

Overall, this past week has been pretty much perfect. I even texted my mom and asked if it was okay to never come home. Between hanging out with my friends and figuring my way through different problems throughout the city, there is no better word for this experience than adventure. Not only do I converse with the locals on a daily basis (AND THEY UNDERSTAND ME!) but I've also made good friends with a restaurant owner, because he makes the best soup dumplings. Probably the biggest struggle these past two weeks was finding good food that didn't upset my stomach, without eating Subway everyday. When I finally found this dumpling place, I pretty much went seven days in a row, and now I just walk in and he has my order already ready. haha. If anyone comes to visit me, you are trying these dumplings.

Today marked the first day of classes for me. I feel really comfortable in my chinese class, I love my math class and professor, and my Chinese Wisdom class is a bit of a challenge because it is so late at night, but it seems like a very interesting course. As for my Global Perspective Class, it is just like World Civ, so much so that I can tell where he is going with the lecture 10 minutes into it. It makes participating in his class so much easier!

I hope everyone back in the states has a wonderful Labor Day!

Love from Shanghai,
Maddie

1 comment:

  1. I must try these dumplings! I'm so glad all your academics are going well and you seem so happy! I miss you, papillion.

    ReplyDelete