Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall break approaching....

Hello All!

It's been yet another great week in Shanghai! This week was a typical week for classes. Chinese continues to be the main focus of my academics and I think my speaking skills are really starting to pick up!

This weekend I have a visitor in Shanghai! Mr. Wege is here on business and has kindly brought a suitcase here filled with things that my mom has sent me from home! (If Paige is reading this right now, I bet her immediate thought is that in her four years of college my mom has probably sent her one care package and here I am halfway across the world and already I am receiving something) I take this as evidence that I am,,in fact, the favorite child. :)

In other news, my plans to go to Beijing have unfortunately fallen through. My friends and I did not expect the fall break to sneak up on us so quickly, but time is fleeting. Instead we have decided to go to Yellow Mountain to hike. It is a six hour bus ride from our and we are basically going to take pictures and explore for five days. Check the link below, it is gorgeous!

With the fall break approaching I am in the midst of studying for quarter term exams... yes, that is a thing here. To make up the day that NYUSH took off for the national holiday, we are being forced to come to school on Sunday as if it were a Monday schedule. We will then have our exam for GPS and other regular scheduled classes again on Monday. I really don't mind going to school on Sunday though, because it gives me more practice with Chinese and I only have two classes on Monday. By Wednesday I will be sightseeing anyway.

If you want to check out some of the landscapes of yellow mountain and some background click on the link! http://www.shanghaihighlights.com/neighbours/huangshan.html

520 (Just learned that this is I love you in Chinese when you're texting someone...)
Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Nad, thanks for guilting mom with this. She just overnighted me a package :') <3

    ReplyDelete