Sunday, September 7, 2014

Mid-Autumn festival

Mid-autumn festival is today, so there is no school for me! Classes are going really well, espeically all the writing courses. Chinese moves with incredible speed. Everyday we have a test and move through a chapter a week. It's good to keep busy like that though, because it applies so much to my daily life in China.

Yesterday I took MeiChen out to get some dumplings (can't help myself, they are SO good) she was so impressed at how fast my speaking skills are improving. It's exciting for me to get that kind of feedback. Usually I try to speak Chinese to her as she tries to speak english to me and we help each other with the vocabulary. I have characters written on sticky notes all over my walls of her trying to help me learn more characters. The other day she invited me to her home in Mongolia for Chinese New Year! She said that no one else in her family speaks english so she is going to make me practice extra hours so that I can communicate with her family.

I have another busy week ahead of me with classes, but I am hoping that next weekend my friends and I can do TaiChi in the park in the morning.

I hope everyone is well in the US

Love from Shanghai,

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment