Wednesday, September 9, 2015

2nd Week Of Classes/ possible internship!

Hello all

It's been a very busy week here in Shanghai. I have been coding up a storm in my Communications class, and when I'm not coding I'm learning Chinese characters or reading for my other classes.

The gym has yet to open here and I am getting very anxious. I didn't realize that I had to run in order to function like a normal person, but apparently that is the case. I have taken to running up and down the stairwells of my dorms (for old times sake) every night. Rumor is it will be open by the weekend, so I can go back to a normal workout routine.

This Friday two very exciting things are happening! The first is I have an interview for a marketing internship with a health and lifestyle company based in Shanghai. It is the first of its kind in China and as the intern I'd be given all kinds of opportunities to market their products at international farmers markets etc. here in Shanghai.

Also on Friday is NYU Shanghai's annual reality show. This year 12 of my fellow sophomores spent their summer at NYU, NY rehearsing for what we call a 'reality show' which is a musical based performance given to the Freshmen to talk about health and wellness issues and general adjustment to college. For a lot of us, the reality show last year was a turning point for our grade. It was finally one thing we had all experienced and could all talk about. Before then we all felt so different from each other, the grade was so segregated between Chinese and Internationals. I think it definitely brought us together, and I'm hoping the same will happen to the Freshmen this year.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!

Love from Shanghai
Maddie

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you Nad! Love you and miss you !!! XOXO from the USA

    ReplyDelete