Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Week of Classes

Hello all!

The first week of classes is coming to an end and I am so happy I switched my major. I am currently in two IMA courses (Interactive Media Arts) and they are as much fun as everyone says they are. My communications lab moves with incredible speed. I think we learned how to develop a website using HTML in under an hour today. It's fast, but I'd rather that than a painfully slow math class. My other IMA class, which I have been attending even though I am still on the waitlist is all about the affects social and other media has on the public and how the public participates in such media. The class is jam packed, and I've spent my week trying to convince people they should switch out so that I can be officially enrolled. I should know by next week whether my tactics worked haha. As for my Chinese class, it is mostly study away students. These poor souls aren't used to Chinese classes that are so rigorous. New York has nothing on us, apparently. I love my Chinese teacher,I can understand her with ease, and we are already done with the first chapter of the book.

It's good to see all the sophomores back in our natural habitat. We are back to making daily dinner plans and fighting about the best way to get to a place. The other night we went out to dinner with over 20 people and we were all talking and laughing and catching up. Ugh I missed them.

Meichen is also doing great! Our room is all decorated and we have our routine down pat. Her science classes are not as difficult as last year, but she has one humanities class that she would prefer not to take. The other night I spent about an hour trying to explain the themes of the last chapter of the bible. It's so fascinating when we talk about religion because in China it is virtually nonexistent. It's goes beyond trying to convince her of any beliefs because you have to explain all the characters too (Jesus, Mary, John...).
Golden Week is coming up in about 2 weeks and Annie has put together an amazing trip where we go to Hong Kong, Macau and Guangzhou. We will hopefully be booking it this week, baring any issues!

Anyway, I'm just loving life right now. Hope everyone has a great Labor day weekend!! <3

Love always,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment