Friday, September 18, 2015

New Internship/national holiday/update on life

Hello All!

I hope everyone is having a great week! This week was the beginning of my internship with MyLOHAS beauty! I am their digital marketer and so far they have given me plenty of projects to keep me busy. I am so far their Facebook Page administrator and I have to draw up a marketing plan to keep the posts relevant and efficient. I'm pretty excited to be on the project and the ladies in the office are all very nice. I'm also picking up on a lot of Chinese since I'm the only American that works here.

Next Week is Chinese National Holiday.... I'm not really sure what it's for but I get a 10 day break.  Annie, Isabella,  Cha Mi and I are traveling to HongKong, Guangzhou, and Macau (Spending 3 days in each place) We have the whole trip planned in a spread sheet (we'd expect nothing less from Annie, who put the whole trip together). As it happened on of my peer advisees is from Guangzhou and when I met with her she gave me some great places to eat and something that she said I must see! It'll be great to get away from this incredibly busy schedule I've somehow managed this semester, and I'm excited to be with the girls. It's a good group!

This week in IMA I am creating a digital comic! I am looking forward to posting it to my blog so I can show you guys what I've been learning. I am really enjoying how much creativity IMA invokes in me and I'm really happy I switched into it. Also, all of the projects are group projects so it's definitely helping my delegation and communication skills.

I have an English tutoring job in the works (just two hours on the weekends) I will keep you updated.

Also this weekend I'm buying a bike AND HELMET. I guess this means I've really assimilated into the culture. I may be 8000 miles from home, but I can still hear my mom calling everyone not wearing a helmet a "fool". I have made a point to buy one, despite the lack of helmet wearers in the city. Traffic flow is dangerous enough with a helmet, so I stand by my choice.

I have a busy weekend of projects, essays, and readings but tonight is a friend's birthday, so don't worry I am still having fun with this crazy schedule.

Love from Shanghai,
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment