Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Seoul Day 1

Help! I am falling in love with the world, and I don't know what to do!
 Seoul is absolutely amazing! It has been a long day of traveling, but we arrived around 8:00 Korea time. And let me tell you--the city is buzzing! The first thing I noticed when I got off the plane was, first, how clean it was, and second, how easily I could breathe!

After we put our stuff down and contacted our friends and family to alert them that we had, indeed, made it to Korea, we went walking around the city. We decided it would be perfect to Eat Korean BBQ. Let me tell you--it was an experience.

We sat down and ordered for the table. It was literally prepared right in front of us, and we were expected to be the chefs for the meal. We had absolutely no idea what we were doing and none of us even knows the word for "hello" in Korean. Thankfully, a really nice Korean man sitting next to us prepared the meal for us, as he and his friends just laughed at our ineptitude. (I have to admit it was pretty funny).

First impressions of Korean culture: Everyone seems happy, everyone is extremely fashionable and super friendly.
Ironically, I find myself so helpless not knowing the language that I am literally trying to speak Chinese to EVERYONE. It's a little awkward because everyone knows English here, and not a word of Chinese. Anyway--I cannot wait for tomorrow's adventures!

Love from Seoul!
Maddie

1 comment:

  1. NAD! We are so THANKFUL you made it to Korea safe and sound! Have a wonderful break and live it up!!

    Love you and miss you !!
    xoxo
    Mom, Em and Paige

    ReplyDelete