Sunday, November 30, 2014

Seoul day 4 and 5

Hello All!
Sorry I slacked on writing the last few days of my trip, but I was trying to pack in as much as possible! On Saturday I went for a fantastic run outside!--First time in four months I've been able to go beyond the constraints of the treadmill! After my run I went to an organic cafe for breakfast and then headed straight for Bukchon Village, which is an arts and crafts quarter. Everything there was handmade and beautifully crafted, and in a lot of cases you could actually watch them make their crafts. It was really cool to see a more low key side to Seoul, as it is usually known for its very Western bustle. This was a place that I imagine old Korea was like.

After Bukchon Village I made my way to Gangnam (Which many of you might know for the song) It was pact with people and really expensive name brand stores. I only stayed for a little, because there wasn't much to do there besides shop, but it was nice just to say that I visited there...

I left Gangnam around five to go to the Seoul Tower for dinner. Seoul Tower is on top of a mountain and you have to take a cable car to get there. I waited about an hour to get on the cable car and then I ate Korean food while I was at the top. After I ate, I then took an elevator up to the observatory where you could see all of Seoul! It was a clear night, so I get to see how beautiful the city was lit up at night. The only unfortunate part of the night was that all the lines were excruciatingly long and I didn't end up getting back home until 10:30 at night. It was a long day, but I was so glad I got to do so many things.

Sunday I finally got to go to the Korean War Memorial. It was absolutely amazing, and a highlight of the trip. There were so beautiful statues that surrounded the entrance of the museum which had a circle of flags around it. To the side there were all the retired planes, tanks, boats, and other military crafts that were used in the war. It was absolutely amazing to witness, and a great way to end the trip. After the Memorial it was time to go back to the apartment and do some homework as well as pack.

This was definitely a successful trip, but by the end of 5 days I was ready to return back to the dorms for a much needed rest.
Only three more weeks left in the semester!
Love,
Maddie
(Pictures will be up sometime this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment