Tuesday, November 11, 2014

How is it already November?

Although it doesn't feel like winter here, mostly because I can still wear shorts most days, I can't believe it is already November!
Recently, I have been trying to find more ways to improve my Chinese, besides the usual conversations I have to have to survive here on a daily basis. The other day I mentioned to MeiChen that I wanted to start reading Chinese children books. The next day, I found a stack on my desk that she had picked up. Now she is forced into listening to me practice out loud every night as she patiently corrects every missed pronunciation and informs me of every unknown character. In case you couldn't tell, I have been blessed with the most amazing roommate in the world. She even knows Sound of Music, which we all know is a must in the Stover house. I couldn't believe it when she joined in as I was randomly singing it while doing my homework. She said that her mom bought her the CD so she could practice her English and then they saw the movie together. She then said that she couldn't believe that I knew it.  Haha I had to laugh at that one.
In other news, Korea is quickly approaching and I have my hotel booked and I am ready for an adventure! I can't wait to share all the photos and to try a new culture out for a while. In addition to this, in December, NYU Shanghai is being given a private concert from LangLang, who is an extremely famous pianist in China. MeiChen and I are so excited to attend, it should be an amazing time.
I can't believe I will be back home in a little more than a month. I am already thinking of all the American food I have been deprived of these past few months...

Love from Shanghai,
Maddie



No comments:

Post a Comment